Mark Travers PhD distilled five insights about gratitude and health:
- Gratitude facilitates social well-being
- Gratitude is associated with higher levels of social well-being
- Grateful people are less likely to exhibit psychopathology
- Not all gratitude interventions are successful
- Gratitude may have modest beneficial effects on physical health and bodily functions
We thank Mark Travers for putting our research in the spotlight! You can read the full Psychology Today blogpost on their website.