Mark Travers PhD distilled five insights about gratitude and health:
- Gratitude facilitates social well-being
- Gratitude is associated with higher levels of social well-being
- Grateful people are less likely to exhibit psychopathology
- Not all gratitude interventions are successful
- Gratitude may have modest beneficial effects on physical health and bodily functions
We thank Mark Travers for putting our research in the spotlight! You can read the full Psychology Today blogpost on their website.
Dr. Lilian Jans-Beken is founder and ceo of the Thriving Human Science Center. She graduated in lifespan psychology, received a PhD in positive psychology, and she became an expert in gratitude and mental health. She is a scientific researcher who writes and talks about human thriving in general and gratitude specifically. In 2019, she wrote a book Een zoektocht naar dankbaarheid which is available through her personal website